Pennsauken Library Conduct
Rules of Conduct for the Pennsauken Public Library
1. The following activities are not allowed in the Library:
- Eating or drinking. No food or drinks are to be brought into the library.
- Use of audio equipment, BEEPERS or CELL PHONES, etc.
- Carrying a weapon into the library unless authorized by law. Any person authorized to carry a weapon must notify library staff that s/he is carrying a weapon in the library.
- Bringing animals into the library except those needed to assist a person with a disability.
- Misusing the restrooms (i.e., using as a laundry or washing facility.)
- Leaving a child under the age of nine unattended in the library without the supervision of an adult.
- Leaving unattended children under the age of 18 outside the library after closing.
- Talking loudly, making noise, or engaging in other disruptive conduct.
- Interfering with another person's use of the library or with library personnel's performance of their duties, including offensive language and/or verbal abuse.
- Running in the library or running in and out of the entrance to the library.
- Gum chewing.
- Rollerblading, skateboarding, or bringing sports equipment (footballs, basketballs, etc.) into the library. Any equipment must be checked at the Circulation desk.
2. Shoes and shirts must be worn.
3. Library privileges may be limited for the following reasons:
- Damaging library property, including equipment and tampering with computer hardware and software configurations.
- Stealing library materials (including equipment).
- Threatening or physically harming staff or patrons, including assault or sexual conduct.
- Misuse of computer equipment and/or violation of policies and acceptable use agreements governing the Internet, multi-media and other computer services.